How to apply
Step 1: Complete the application
- Complete the application packet in full. (Don’t forget to sign it.)
- Complete your written answers to the essay question.
- Submit a copy of your transcripts from all high schools that you have attended.
- Complete “Consent to Release Confidential Information Forms” (included in the application packet), sign them, and, if you are under the age of 18, have your parent or guardian sign them as well.
- Complete the “School District Information Form”
Step 2: Attend an Information Session
At the Information Session, you will:
- Receive detailed information on the Middle College program and learn the benefits and expectations of the program
- Have a chance to ask questions about the program
- Sign up for placement testing
- Have your application materials reviewed to make sure you meet all basic eligibility requirements
- Allow us to meet you and learn why you are interested in this program
Step 3: Complete Placement Testing
You will sign up for placement testing at an Information Session. Placement testing results, in conjunction with your academic background, assist Middle College and BCC staff with your course placement.
Step 4: Participate in an Individual Interview
You will be contacted for an individual interview if you meet all the eligibility requirements. Your interview will be face-to-face with one or more Middle College staff members. This is our chance to get to know you in an individual setting and learn more about your strengths and motivation. Also, it will allow you to discuss any questions you have about the program.
After you complete the 4-step application process, someone from the Middle College program will contact you. If you are accepted, you will be sent a letter of acceptance and information regarding the date and time of a mandatory Middle College Orientation.
Applicants who are not accepted into the program will be referred to other opportunities at BCC and within the community. Non-acceptance into the program does not prohibit you from re-applying at a future date.
Please provide an accurate address, phone number, (and email) so the Middle College staff can contact you. Also, please note that Middle College and BCC are not responsible for lost or misdirected mail. If you have not been contacted by the Middle College staff, do not wait until the first day of classes to check your application status. If for some reason, you do not receive notification of your application status, please call us at (774) 357-3974.