Advisement Services at the ABE Program
The Fall River Adult Basic Education Program offers educational and career counseling services to enrolled learners. Counseling services assist students while they are learning and as they prepare to transition to other activities.
- The educational counselor assists students from intake to exit by providing student support and referrals.
- To help ensure student success, the counselor:
- Helps prospective students determine if this program is suitable for their needs
- Oversees the intake, placement and assessment of new and current students
- Provides referral to outside resources
- Assists with the classroom and the GED test accommodation process
Applicants and students are welcome to walk-in, to telephone, leave a note, or schedule an appointment at (508)678-2811 x2373, room L114
Career Counseling and Transitional Services
The Career and Transitional Services counselor assists learners who wish to explore career options and learn about educational and work-related opportunities.Activities offered through this service include:
- Completing value, aptitude and skill inventories
- Participating in the Career Advantage Club to learn skills such as resume writing, interviewing, and customer service skills
- Attending panels and discussions on various career paths
- Learning about financial aid and visiting the local Career Center
- Obtaining information on programs at BCC
- Participating in one-day and advanced job shadow experiences with local companies and organizations
Students enrolled in the Fall River ABE Program can get more information by contacting the Career and Transitional Services Counselor at (508)678-2811 x 2034, room L-117.