Benefits of workplace education programs
Many businesses have realized that in order to remain competitive in the modern global economy and to meet the escalating skills demands on the incumbent workforce, businesses need to increase the skill-level of their employees. Production workers who participate in a literacy training program upgrade their basic skills so that they may better understand new technology and/or enhance their job performance to assist them with possible career advancement. Employees who successfully complete literacy training programs improve: oral language development, listening, reading comprehension, writing, and math skills to maximize efficiency and participation in teamwork.
Attainable Associate Goals
- Associates improve communications skills between co-workers and supervisors.
- Associates attain a better understanding of verbal commands from supervisors, reducing the necessity for repetitive instruction.
- Associates improve their understanding of job procedures reducing opportunities for production errors.
- Associates improve ability to read and understand work-related materials.
- Associates’ attitudes improve toward training/education and begin to value the opportunity to attain their educational goals such as attaining a GED, seeking specific vocational skills training and/or basic to advanced computer training opportunities.
- Associates gain confidence in their ability to learn which also contributes to achieving their educational goals.
- Associates gain personal management skills, are motivated and set realistic goals for personal and career development.