Financial Aid Workshops
The Financial Aid Office, in conjunction with the e.
Fall River Campus every Friday; arrive anytime between 11:00 - 2:00 Room K205
New Bedford Campus every Tuesday; arrive for the start of the session 3:00 at 800 Purchase St; Room NH 401
Select one workshop and arrive for the start of the session at 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, January 7, 2014
Wednesday, January 29
Wednesday, March 26
Tuesday, April 22
Wednesday, April 30
Wednesday, May 28
Whose information do you bring?
- Your (the student) information
- If you are a dependent student, your parent information also
- If you are married, your spouse information also
Who is considered a dependent student?
For enrollment beginning Fall 2013 or later, dependent students are those individuals born January 1, 1990 or later
For enrollment beginning Fall 2014 or later, dependent students are those individuals born January 1, 1991 or later
However, parent information is not needed if:
- You are married
- You are a veteran or serving in the armed services
- Both your parents are deceased
- You have a child and you provide more than 50% of their support
- You are an orphan or have been a ward of the court at any time since you turned age 13
- You are in the custody of a legally-appointed guardian
- You have dependents other than a child and provide more than 50% of their support
- You are a legally emancipated minor (must have court documents)
- You were born before January 1, 1990
- or, for enrollment beginning Fall 2014, you were born before January 1, 1991
What information do you bring?
2012 income information is needed to complete forms for Fall 2013, Spring 2014, Summer 2014 enrollment
2013 income information is needed to complete forms for Fall 2014, Spring 2015, Summer 2015 enrollment
- W-2 Forms (student, parent, spouse)
- Signed and filed federal tax return –Form 1040 (student, parent, spouse)
- Verification of any other income received – Unemployment, SSI, SSDI, TANF, etc. (student, parent, spouse)
- Current savings and checking account amounts (student, parent, spouse)
- Asset information (student, parent, spouse)
- Federal PIN; this is the four digit number issued by the U. S. Department of Education. If you need one, please go to www.pin.ed.gov If you are a dependent applicant, your parent will also need their own PIN.