The Center for Instructional Technology Expertise
The Center for Instructional Technology Expertise (CITE lab) exists to aid and assist the faculty and professional staff at BCC, in the creation and use of multimedia teaching and learning tools. CITE offers a variety of workshops throughout the year and is also available for drop-in use and one-on-one assistance with a variety of instructional technology needs.
Stop by the CITE lab to learn how to:
- Use eLearning to teach online or hybrid courses or supplement the face-to-face classroom.
- Create interactive tutorials, podcasts and videos.
- Learn more about copyright, fair use and the TEACH Act.
- Ensure that course materials are accessible.
- Incorporate new technologies into the virtual or physical classroom.
- Utilize iPads and other mobile applications in the teaching and learning process.
- Use Web 2.0 technologies for online collaboration.
For assistance with eLearning, to learn more about BCC’s instructional technology resources or to schedule an individualized appointment with a CITE lab staff member please call 508-678-2811 x2081 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the BCC Wiki to learn what instructional technology resources and expertise are available.
Every semester the CITE lab offers workshops on a variety of technology related topics. View our latest workshop offerings and register for workshops online.
If you would like to schedule an appointment, have questions or want to learn more about the service the CITE Lab offers please contact us.
Interested in trying an iPad? Our two week loan process is a good way to learn more about how iPads work. Contact the CITE lab and we’ll assist you with the check-out process.
Thinking about recording a lecture? Our Olympus digital audio recorders are easy to use! Or, borrow a FlipCam to record video. Transfer your files via USB and upload them to iTunesU or our media server. CITE lab staff can provide you with best practices for managing large files to ensure they are accessible for your students.