The Center for Instructional Technology Expertise
The Center for Instructional Technology Expertise (CITE) is located in room A201 on the Fall River campus of Bristol Community College. The CITE Lab exists to aid and assist the faculty and professional staff at BCC in the creation and use of multimedia teaching and learning tools. The lab offers a variety of workshops throughout the year and is also available for drop-in use and one-on-one assistance with a variety of instructional technology needs.
Stop by the CITE lab to learn how to:
- Upload your syllabus to your eLearning course space
- Create PowerPoint presentations for use in the classroom
- Green your PowerPoints for easy printing and access
- Convert overhead transparencies, slides, negatives and even old filmstrips to digital format
- Refresh your knowledge of copyright, fair use and the TEACH Act
- Build interactive tutorials using Camtasia
- Enhance your eLearning course space with audio podcasts
- Use Web 2.0 technologies for online collaboration
Visit the BCC Wiki to learn what instructional technology resources and expertise are available.
Every semester the CITE lab offers workshops on a variety of technology related topics. View our latest workshop offerings and register for workshops online.
If you would like to schedule an appointment, have questions or want to learn more about the service the CITE Lab offers please contact us.
Interested in trying an iPad? Our two week loan process is a good way to learn more about how iPads work. Contact the CITE lab and we’ll assist you with the check-out process.
Thinking about recording a lecture? Our Olympus digital audio recorders are easy to use! Or, borrow a FlipCam to record video. Transfer your files via USB and upload them to iTunesU or our media server. CITE lab staff can provide you with best practices for managing large files to ensure they are accessible for your students.