Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Students should come to the Writing Center prepared to be active participants during the tutoring session.
- Students should expect to maintain "ownership" of their writing; the writing must remain their own.
- Students should begin work in the Center with an open mind, prepared to work on problems that they have not anticipated.
- Students should allow as much time as is needed to work on their writing.
- Students should start working on an assignment early enough to allow time for writing, discussion, and revision (if needed).
- Students should bring to tutoring sessions all materials that will aid tutors, including any instructions and comments from teachers.
- Students should treat tutors and other students working in the Writing Center with the same level of respect that they themselves would expect to be given.
- Students should always be treated with courtesy and respect, regardless of abilities or background.
- Students have the last word on whether any changes are to be made in their work.