The CATCH Institute provides a direct response to the growing hospitality and tourism needs in and around Bristol County.
CATCH, which stands for Culinary Arts, Tourism, Casino, and Hospitality, groups some of the College’s premier programs under one umbrella. Students in any of the CATCH programs receive an education and valuable exposure, to all of the disciplines in the Institute. This creates well-rounded students ready to enter the workforce as equally well-rounded employees.
Turn your passion for food and flavors into a life calling. The Culinary Arts program at BCC prepares you for entry-level and advanced positions in food preparation or in the front of the house. Culinary prepares you for high-level kitchen work, and the Baking and Pastry Arts program focuses on desserts, bread products, showpieces, and cake creation.
- Culinary Essentials and Advanced Culinary
- Tableside Cooking
- Mixology and Bar Management
- Computer Essentials
- Sanitation (leading to ServSafe certification)
- Chocolate and Sugar Work
Make it your job to help others play – that’s the opportunity in Casino Management. The expansion of gaming in New England offers spinoff growth for other leisure industries in the region. Workers need to have critical-thinking skills and a solid skill base, as well as an understanding of all aspects of the industry. With the CATCH Institute’s multi-disciplinary approach, you get exposed to all the pieces that make up a successful casino – including restaurants and hotels.
- Loss Prevention
- Social Issues
- Business and Information Management
- Accounting for Casino Operations
- Marketing for Casino Operations
Tourism and Hospitality
Travel is the ultimate adventure, and as the world gets smaller, you can take a role in helping others experience it. Learn the communications and organizational skills you need to create experiences that others will remember forever.
- Tour, Meeting, and Event Planning
- Hotel and Motel Management, Marketing, Advertising, and Public Relations
Benefits of the CATCH Institute Approach
- Learn from industry experts in the classes
- Access professional-grade learning facilities, from kitchen to the new gaming lab
- Get real-time tour planning experience
- Learn about all aspects of the industries (to maximize your employability.)