Paralegal professionals (also known as legal assistants) perform critical legal services that make a real difference in people's lives.
The new Paralegal Studies program at Bristol Community College offers:
- Associate of Science in Paralegal Studies (21 courses)
- Certificate of Achievement in Paralegal Studies (9 courses)
- Classes offered in Fall River, Taunton and Attleboro
- Evening, day and online courses available practical assignments
- Get work experience through our Internship program
Find BCC Paralegal Studies on Social Media:
Great Job Outlook
Job opportunities for paralegals are projected to grow 17 percent from 2012 to 2022, faster than the average for all occupations. As law firms try to increase the efficiency of legal services and lower their expenses, they are expected to hire more paralegals and legal assistants.
Some law firms are rethinking their project staffing and rebuilding their support staff by hiring paralegals who may be given some of the administrative tasks previously assigned to legal secretaries.
Paralegals work in the public and private sector, in law firms, corporations, courts, nonprofit agencies, and other work environments. You will delve into a diverse legal world that will see you:
- Click here to view the Paralegal Studies Course Listings
- Click here for a downloadable/printable BCC Paralegal Studies Factsheet.