Logo and Style Guide
To maintain brand continuity at the College, it’s important to utilize official BCC colors, logos, and the written style guide for grammar reference.
Of course, there’s a lot to take in. If you have any questions about anything, don’t hesitate to call College Communications for assistance.
Full College Name Black (.png)
Full College Name Green (.png)
Full College Name with Locations Black (.png)
Full College Name with Locations Green (.png)
Do not use an apostrophe when forming plurals of dates or abbreviations.
1890s, 1920s, M.D.s, Ph.D.s
Use proper building names, not their letter. Rooms should be referenced by building letter and room number, without a hyphen or space.
- The event takes place in the Commonwealth College Center.
- College Communications is located in room D101 of the Hudnall Administration Building.
- Eileen T. Farley Learning Resources Center, Siegal Health Technologies Building, etc…
BCC’s style is to capitalize “College” and “Campus.” Office department names should only be capitalized if using the formal name. To avoid confusion, use the formal name.
- Fall River Campus
- New Bedford Campus
- Attleboro Campus
- Office of Admissions, admissions office.
- Dr. Smith, professor of history, has been with the College for two years.
Full-Time VS. Full Time
Only hyphenate when using as an adjective that precedes the noun.
Our full-time faculty members have a meeting today. Those faculty members work full time for the College.
Capitalize titles of office only when they precede the name. General titles should be lowercase.
- President Sbrega is attending the conference.
- Dr. Sbrega, president of Bristol Community College, is attending the conference.
Midnight & Noon
Use the words “midnight” and “noon” instead of “12 a.m.” or “12 p.m.” to avoid confusion. Not “12 midnight” or “12 noon.”
Noncredit, nonfiction, nonprofit
One word, no hyphen.
In order to establish consistency, please use the following format when writing out phone numbers:
- 508.678.2811, ext. ____
Spacing After a Period
Use only one space after a period, unless using a typewriter font.
- Always be consistent. Do not use :00. Preferred format for “ante meridiem” and “post meridiem” is “a.m.” and “p.m.” (with a space after the numeral).
- The event runs from 8 a.m to 5 p.m.
- The event runs from 5 to 6 p.m.
- The will run until midnight.