To better serve students with disabilities, certain accommodations might be needed inside the classroom. Reasonable accommodations might include:
- modifications to rules, policies, or practices,
- the removal of architectural, communication, or transportation barriers,
- provision of auxiliary aids or the provision of equally effective programs, services, or activities.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, accommodations will not be provided:
- for personal devices or services even though the individual may be a qualified individual with a disability, or
- that result in a fundamental alteration in the nature of a service, program, or activity or in undue financial or administrative burdens.
- the elimination of an essential function of a job.