Stay on top of important dates with the Academic Calendar. Details about the first day of classes, holidays, finals, and more can be found by viewing the current BCC Academic Calendar.
Need an older version of the academic calendar? Get it here:
- 2016-2017 Academic Calendar
- 2015-2016 Academic Calendar
- 2014-2015 Academic Calendar
- 2013-2014 Academic Calendar
- 2012-2013 Academic Calendar
Summer and Fall 2018 Add/Drop Periods
- Course changes are not allowed after this point; reach out to your advisor if you have concerns about a class
- Establish goals for the semester (work/school schedule, course goals, campus involvement)
- This date applies only to full semester classes.
- BCC Add/Drop Schedules
Spring Semester - Important Dates
The Spring semester is underway! Check out these important 2018 dates to stay on track throughout the semester.
January 23: First Day of Classes
- Read the syllabi for your classes
- Identify instructors’ office hours
- Clear any financial holds
- Text BCCalert to 67283 to receive texts about emergency and weather-related closings
- Complete EverFi training in accessBCC (new students)
February 1: Application for graduation (ATG) via accessBCC opens
- The deadline to apply is March 30
February 5: Late Start Classes
February 19: Presidents Day – No Classes
February 20: Follow your Monday schedule
February 27: Summer course schedule released
- Check out available courses
- Registration opens on March 8
- Get ahead or catch up! Make the most of your summer with courses at a BCC location or online through eLearning.
March 4 to 10: Mid-Semester Evaluations
March 12 to 17: Spring Recess – No Classes
March 21: Professional Day – No Classes
April 1: Easter – No Classes
April 1: FAFSA Priority Deadline
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 1 to increase your chances of getting grants instead of loans as financial aid.
- Attend a financial aid workshop if you need help
April 2: Fall 2018 Course Schedule Released
- Registration opens April 11
April 5: Last Day for Withdrawals
- Meet with your advisor if you are having any challenges in classes
- Meet with your advisor before withdrawing from class to see how this will impact financial aid
- This date applies only to full semester classes. Read the Spring 2018 Add/Drop Schedule for full details.
April 16: Patriots Day – No Classes
April 19: Follow your Monday schedule
April 11 to 27: Fall 2018 Advising Begins
- Prepare for a meeting with your advisor
- Visit the academic catalog to identify possible college majors if you are not in one
- Identify courses of interest
- Consider taking a course using open educational resource (OER) to reduce your textbook costs
- Consider transfer and career goals (transfer timeline, letters of recommendation)
- Consider high-impact courses (e.g., internships, Service-Learning, honors, learning communities)
- Consider Student Life opportunities for next semester (Ambassadors, student government, clubs, athletics)
- Meet with advisor to schedule spring courses; bring a list of questions
- Consider taking summer classes at this time, too.
April 30: Foundation Scholarships deadline
May 10: Last Day of Classes
May 14 to 18: Day Final Exams (May 11 to 17 for Evening and Weekend)
- Consider taking a summer class
June 2: Commencement
- Congratulations Class of 2018!