Advising and Registration
Register beginning now to get the best selection of courses, instructors and schedules. Classes will fill up fast! Schedule an appointment with your assigned advisor now. You will receive an email with instructions.
Before you can register for classes, you must complete placement testing.
Once placement testing is complete, you are required to attend an orientation session. You will also receive advising and registration services at this session. Click here to view upcoming Orientation sessions.
See you in the spring!
Advising and Registration
Meeting with an Advisor
Students are paired with advisors based on academic program and the advisor's specialty. In some instances, students are assigned to the Advising Center where they meet with an available academic advisor. Each semester, students receive a letter regarding the forthcoming scheduling assistance and registration period (Therefore, it is important for a student to maintain up-to-date address information with the Records Office).
How to prepare for your appointment:
- Log in to view your degree audit in DegreeWorks, through your accessBCCaccount. DegreeWorks is an advising tool that allows you to track your degree progress, prepare for registration, and plan for graduation.
- If you are undecided about your major, review the Programs of Study and Certificates in the Academic Catalog.
How to find your assigned advisor:
- Create an accessBCC account if you haven't already. Click here to create your account.
- Go to accessBCC and login to your account.
- Click on Student Information
- Select Fall 2018 and click Submit
- Your advisor will be listed under Primary Advisor
- Click on Advisor Directory at the top of the page to find the phone number and location of your advisor.
When and How to Register for Classes
It is important to register on time to gain access to the best selection of courses and class meeting times. Your advisor is ready to help you plan your academic program and select the courses you'll need to complete your major program requirements.
If you are a returning student, you can register early during the registration period in November and April. After that registration time period, you can receive advising and course registration for the upcoming semester on a walk-in basis in the Advising Center.
New students, who have not attended Bristol before will register for courses at New Student Orientation, check for dates on the Orientation webpage.
PIN Number: Students will receive their registration PIN number once they meet with their assigned advisor.
Once you receive your registration PIN and have met with your advisor you are able to register. You can register through your accessBCC account online or on paper with the registration form, which is processed through any Enrollment Center.
- Fall River: Monday, Wednesday and Friday By Appointment – Call 774.357.2777 or 774.357.3044. Tuesday and Thursday – Walk ins 9:30 a.m. – Noon, 1 – 3:30 p.m.
- Attleboro: View the Bristol Attleboro Advising schedule for February 2019.
- New Bedford: View the Bristol New Bedford Advising schedule for February 2019.
- Taunton: Call 774.357.3767 to schedule an appointment.