Spring 2016 Advising
The first date of Bristol Community College's Spring 2016 registration will be November 12th, 2015. Priority advising is scheduled to be November 12th – December 1st, 2015.
Academic Advising is designed to help you get the most from your college education.
Advisers at BCC assist students with academic planning (course selection) in the short term as well as the long term. That means that we're here to help guide your path at Bristol and beyond, wherever that might take you. We can help you learn about career planning, choosing academic programs, transfer advising, veterans services and enhancing your first year experience at BCC.
By meeting with your advisor frequently, students will assume an active, self-sufficient role in their academic planning.
When and How to Register for Classes
Returning students must register for their Fall 2015 courses between April 15th and May 1st. Although it's a busy time for you, it is important to register on time to gain access to the best selection of courses and class meeting times. Your advisor is ready to help you plan your academic program and select the courses you'll need to complete your major program requirements.
Make an Appointment with your Advisor
Fall River: If you are assigned to a faculty advisor, they will post their hours on their office door.
If you are assigned to an advisor in the Advising Center you may schedule an appointment in one of three different ways:
- Schedule an appointment online.
- Call 774.357.3044
New Bedford: To schedule an appointment, call 774.357.4000.
Attleboro: To schedule an appointment, call 774.357.3527.
Prepare for your Advising Appointment
View your degree audit in DegreeWorks. DegreeWorks is an advising tool that allows you to track your degree progress, prepare for registration, and plan for graduation.
- Degree Works can be accessed through your accessBCC account. Just click on the Degree Works tab and select the Single Sign-on Link. This will open the worksheet in a new window.
- To learn more about DegreeWorks, review or complete our online version of Advising 102 through eLearning.
- If you are undecided about your major, review the Programs of Study and Certificates in the Academic Catalog.
Meet with your Advisor
- Discuss your academic and career goals and any questions you may have about your major or progress at BCC and make your course selections.
- Obtain your Fall Registration PIN number from your advisor: Certain students will need a Term/Alternate Pin that will be provided by your advisor and printed on your transcript. You will not be able to register for classes without this PIN. Schedule an appointment early to ensure a successful advising meeting where you will receive your PIN and be able to register for classes.
Register for Classes
Students may register for classes in one of several ways: