In support of BCC students, Connections Services operates as a proactive advising model in which you receive personalized academic support and referrals to valuable campus resources. Staffed with faculty and staff advisors and Peer advisors, Connections Services supports students who are experiencing difficulties in specific courses, on warning, or have been reinstated to the college after dismissal.
Connections Services is a continuous, individual advising process that is available for students in academic jeopardy. Candidates for referrals to Connections Services can include students who have not maintained satisfactory academic progress or consistency in completing coursework, as well as those who have had several class absences. Referrals to Connections Services are not made only by professors, students can refer themselves as well as receive referrals from another department.
A referral to Connections Services can:
- Help identify student’s strengths and weaknesses through Map Works surveys which recognizes ways to capitalize individual academic talents and skills.
- Help you develop new skills and strategies that may be useful as you pursue your education
- Help connect students with the resources and services offered by the campus.
Connections Services is currently located within the Advising Office at the Fall River campus (G200), though similar services are available at all BCC locations:
- Attleboro: Contact Lara Akinyemi at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-678-2811, ext. 3039
- New Bedford: Contact Deb Palumbo at email@example.com or 508-678-2811, ext. 2758