Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS®)
A computerized scholastic aptitude assessment, TEAS is one component of the selection process for admitting students into the Nursing and Dental Hygiene programs.
Applicants must attend a mandatory Health Science Information Session before registering for the TEAS.
TEAS will assess your abilities in Math, Reading, English, and Science. The test is computerized and takes about three and half (3 1/2) hours to complete. There are four sections and each section is timed as follows:
- Reading: 47 questions – 58 minutes
- Math: 35 questions – 51 minutes
- Science: 53 questions – 66 minutes
- English and Language: 35 questions – 34 minutes
Students Needing Accommodations
To request testing accommodations due to a documented disability, contact your learning specialist to arrange accommodations. If you are not a current BCC student, register with the office of Disability Services by contacting 774.357.2295 or email@example.com.
Non-Native English Speaker
If English is not your first language, please contact Livia Neubert, ESL Coordinator at 774.357.2476 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants must achieve a composite score that falls at or above the 50th percentile.
- Sixty (60) days must elapse between the original test date and the retake. The applicant is required to complete a registration form and pay the full fee.
- Test results that are more than three (3) years old from the test date will not be accepted.
- Applicants who have taken the TEAS at another institution must have an official copy of the test results sent to the Admissions Office. This may be requested through Assessment Technologies Institute.
Students who request transcript scores for another school must do so directly through Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) at 1.800.667.7531.