Mass Save Crew Chief and BPI Building Analyst
The Mass Save Crew Chief three-day training course will provide current and potential lead staff with an understanding of the many responsibilities of the crew chief and the energy auditor. The successful candidate will have earned the necessary knowledge to work as a crew chief in the Mass Save program.
The training will help individuals identify who the crew chief interacts and communicates with and learn about expectations of the crew chief in order for weatherization to be successful. It will also provide additional technical training in advanced blower door and pressure diagnostics, and review of current installation methodologies. The training will also provide advanced combustion safety training, review of most appropriate remediation measures, and work-scope development and review.
This session is primarily in class, and hands-on advanced blower door diagnostic & combustion safety instruction. There is a maximum of 10 individuals per session. At the conclusion of this course, the student will understand: The Role of the Crew Chief, Adult Learning Concepts, Effective Crew Management, Equipment Tracking and Maintenance Organization: Materials Tracking, Warehousing Materials, Technical Expertise: Building and Safety Codes, Maintaining Quality Control, Safe Work Practices, building science principles, Understanding a Work Order, Combustion Safety, Advanced Blower Door, remediation measure selection, and work scope development. Existing Mass Save contractors (for up to two employees per year) are eligible for a rebate.
- Trainer and Participant Introductions
- The House as a System
- Introduction of BPI and other energy efficiency organizations
- Health and Safety Issues
- Safe work practices;
- Overview of codes;
- Identify PPE necessary for the job
- Building Science Fundamentals
- Conductive heat loss through materials
- Convective heat loss through the building
- Intro to Combustion Safety
- Energy Assessment Overview
- Measurements, terminology
- The “skeleton”
- Insulation, Windows, Doors
- Thermal and Pressure Boundary
- Blower Door Testing & other diagnostic tools
- Combustion Safety
- ½ day in the field
- HVAC systems
- Heating systems and water heaters
- Cooling systems
- Written combustion safety & crew chief assessment
- Basic Math
- Cost effectiveness of energy measures
- Base Load
- Building airflows and ventilation
- Putting it all together
- Course Review
- BA course Assessment
- BPI BA written exam
Crew Chief & BPI Building Analyst Training Course
- June 6-11, 2016
- July 25-30, 2016
Cost: $450* 3 Day Crew Chief, or $750* for all 5 Days, – Includes testing and fees for BPI Building Analyst Certification (price after 50% Mass Save Rebate).
Time: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Location: 1082 Davol Street, Fall River, MA 02720
Contact: Email - email@example.com. Phone: To register please call Rosemary Senra at 774.357.3644.